A simple mirror can say so much

Saturday, November 7, 2009
I was looking in the mirror just now and I just keep asking myself,... Who is that girl that stares at me everyday of my life? sometimes I dont even know her anymore... I remembered a time when I use to be so confident with myself, so eager to do things, I had so much drive that nothing could stand in my way....
I look at myself n wonder, was it me that created such a mess that has caused me to turn this way?
I look at the physical side of me... my hair, my features... by right I should thank God for giving me everything in such a complete form, but sometimes I ask myself, what is it that is not enough...
I dont feel pretty, neither am I beautiful...
I know that for sure because of the way people say things about me...
But I just dont get it, why they are allowed to say things like that n get away with it...
I dont understand how they can sleep at night peacefully without a sense in the world that they have just hurt someone's feeling....
I dont want to judge them, but I just feel like its not right for u to say things or comment on other peoples feature regardless how u look like...

u might be the most beautiful among many but when u say all those nasty words.... u dont look beautiful anymore... infact uve become ugly...

yeah sometimes my hair might be messy and out of place,
my skin tone is not fair enought compared to snow right...
i have few pimples breaking out now n then...
i have a gap between my front tooth.... n I just got to know from someone that i have an asymmetrical feature....
and to top it off, my friend (i use to call her my friend) said that im so unlike my sister n that im not as beautiful or as hot as my sister...
and that was a friend... I wonder what the general public might think bout me
Ive had people walk up to me and told me u are skinnny like a "landasan kapal terbang"
Ive had people telling me that I dont look good because of my jaw...
the things people say huh'.....

Is my value and self worth based on what I look like...?
Im not a super model, I dont have the looks or the height...
I might not look like a half arab and a half malay... I dont have their features...
My mum thinks that beauty is not everything... but mummy, u never told me how hard it hurts when they say those things bout me.....

I know I shoudnt listen to them, becuase this face n body is what God has given me, and Im eternally grateful,
but just to put a word out to the world even when half of them will not be listening...
No matter how terrible u think the person looks like, u have no right to judge her based on her looks, if u still do, than ask ureself one thing....

"Who am I to say about a person's physicality when it was God who created such beauty?"

0 comments: